Focus and Scope
The Journal of Quality in Education (JoQiE) is focusing on different aspects of quality in all levels of educational and training systems. The first issue of the journal was published in 2010 and since this date, the JoQiE continues to be published twice a year. The JoQiE publishes papers reviewed by experts in the field of Education Social studies and Management science. All authors who respect instructions of publication in the journal can submit papers for publication.
Open Access Policy
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
There are no charges for an author to process or submit or publish a paper in the Journal of Quality in Education.
Type of license: CC BY-NC-SA
Peer Review Process
JoQiE operates a rigorous and transparent peer-review process that ensures the respect of the criteria of the publication in the journal. Manuscripts are firstly reviewed by the editors. And then, submissions are assigned to the peer-review process which consist on the review of papers by at least three experts. The review process uses the following criteria:
- Update of theories
- Interest of the subject, importance
- New approach or major deepening of an existing subject
- Relevance of the step have regard to its object
- Articulation of ideas
- Progression of the thought
- Setting in prospect or context of the subject
- Use and respect of the quoted and consulted sources
- Quality of the language (grammar, syntax, vocabulary)
- Structure of the text: introduction, development, conclusion
- Clear presentation and supplements tables
The average time between submission and publication of papers is 13 weeks.