About the Journal
The Journal of Quality in Education is listed and indexed in
Focus and Scope
The Journal of Quality in Education (JoQiE) with ISSN 2028-1897, is focusing on different aspects of quality in all levels of educational and training systems. The first issue of the journal was published in 2010 and since this date, the JoQiE continues to be published twice a year. The JoQiE publishes papers reviewed by experts in the field of Education Social studies and Management science. All authors who respect instructions of publication in the journal can submit papers for publication.
Open Access Policy
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
There are no charges for an author to process or submit or publish a paper in the Journal of Quality in Education.
The Journal of Quality in Education (JoQiE) by AMAQUEN is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Peer Review Process
JoQiE operates a rigorous and transparent peer-review process that ensures the respect of the criteria of the publication in the journal. Manuscripts are firstly reviewed by the editors. And then, submissions are assigned to the peer-review process which consist on the review of papers by at least three experts. The review process uses the following criteria:
- Update of theories
- Interest of the subject, importance
- New approach or major deepening of an existing subject
- Relevance of the step have regard to its object
- Articulation of ideas
- Progression of the thought
- Setting in prospect or context of the subject
- Use and respect of the quoted and consulted sources
- Quality of the language (grammar, syntax, vocabulary)
- Structure of the text: introduction, development, conclusion
- Clear presentation and supplements tables
The average time between submission and publication of papers is 13 weeks.
Statement of Publication Ethics
JoQiE is committed to ensuring the highest standards of publication ethics which authors, reviewers and the publisher have to agree with. The journal is adhering to the following principles based on the Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors of the Committee on Publication Ethics – COPE.
- Reviewers asked for quick opinions are expected to be objective and to provide them promptly. Should they have a conflict of interest, or should they lack the expertise to make a judgment with confidence, they should make this clear to us and should decline to review the paper.
- Reviewers are expected to keep confidential the information that the paper has been submitted to the journal.
- Reviews should be conducted objectively and observations formulated clearly with supporting arguments so that authors can use them for improving the manuscript. Personal criticism of the authors is inappropriate.
- Authors should submit original work only. Any results that are not due to the authors should be clearly cited. Copying or paraphrasing substantial parts of another paper without attribution is unacceptable, as is any other form of plagiarism.
- No paper should be submitted to the journal that is already published elsewhere or is being considered for publication by another journal.
- Authors who discover important errors in their articles, whether published or under consideration for publication, should notify the journal promptly.
For the Publisher
- In cases of alleged or proven scientific misconduct, fraudulent publication or plagiarism, the publisher will take all appropriate measures to clarify the situation and to amend the article in question. This includes the prompt publication of an erratum, clarification or, in the most severe case, the retraction of the affected work.
- The publisher shall take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred, and under no circumstances encourage such misconduct or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place.
- The publisher is committed to the permanent availability and preservation of scholarly research and ensures accessibility to our digital archive.