Main Article Content
This study is intended to survey the educational needs of the social sciences high school and guidance school teachers in Isfahan. Hence, the educational needs of high school teachers for teaching skills, counselling, Audiovisual - aids, psychology, evaluation, planning and human relations were classified and studied. The population under study comprised of all social sciences teachers, male and female, teaching at high school and guidance schools in Isfahan. 155 teachers were elected by cluster sampling .
The research methodology was one of descriptive survey and the instrument comprising of 32 close questions on Likert scale. Next,the collected data was analysed using the descriptive and inferential methodology. The result of the study indicated that ranking high school teachers with reference to educational needs were not equal and that ranking the educational needs of teachers consisted as the following priority:
1.technology and educational aids. 2. Educational psychology. 3.counselling and advisory services. 4.teaching skills. 5.evaluation skills. 6.instructional planning. 7.human relations.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
2. Alibeigi,A “ A survey of promoters ‘ training Needs and protections of Agricultural Services of Isfahan Province centres.” M . A Dissertation in promotion and training , University of tarbiat Moddares Agriculture faculty , Tehran 1996.
3. Boyle , P .G “Planning in development process “ . Translated by Gholamreza , 1981
4. Faghihi Rezai , M . “ Training needs Assessment of Jahad -e- Sazandegi promotion directors “ M. A Dissertation in Agricultural promotion and training .University of Tarbiat Moddaress, Agriculture Faculty . Tehran :1996.
5. Fathi .Vajorgah ,K “ An Introduction in employees’ in –Service training programs “ Tehran :Salamat kavoush , 1996 .
6. Holinshid , B .” Technical and professional Training Process and development “ Translated by : A. Maleki Shemshadi , Tehran : National Publication of UNESCO , 1996
7..Karbasian , M.” Training needs Assessment and Teaching abstractions of Isfahan Province Trainers in villagers Training Program “ , M . A . Dissertation , Tehran : tarbiat Moddares University ,1996 .
8. Nasiri M . “ Training needs assessment of Elementary schools teachers in Hormozgan Province “ , The centre of information and scientific procurements of Iran , Iran dissertations Abstracts , No . 19 ,1994.